Data collection, processing, use and possible disclosure of personal data to third parties
We do not usually require you to provide any personal data when you access the Bank's website. The following data are saved in a log file and only used to optimise our internet service and for statistical purposes.
- The name of the requested file
- The date and time of the request
- The volume of data transferred
- A report on whether the request was successful
Data submitted in e-mail enquiries are only used to answer the query and are saved after terminal processing for a maximum of two years. If you order information materials, newsletters or brochures, we will ask you to provide your name and other personal details required to send the item(s). These data will be used only by the Bank and by the company commissioned to distribute the material.
We do not disclose your data to third parties without your express consent unless this is required by law, owing to a court decision or in connection with legal or criminal proceedings following an attack on the Bank's internet infrastructure. Data are not disclosed for other non-commercial or for commercial purposes.
- Session cookie – to save the session ID that is required for the protected areas
- Cookie data cart – to save the time series and download options in your data cart
- Cookie statistics tree – to save the nodes open in the statistics tree
- Cookie shopping cart – to save the publications in the shopping cart when placing an order
Most browsers have been set up to accept cookies automatically. However, you can deactivate the save cookies function at any time or change your browser settings so that cookies are saved only for the time that you are connected to the internet.
To accept cookies, follow the procedure outlined below.
- Internet Explorer: Tools/Internet Options/Privacy, under "Settings" move the slide control down to accept all cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: Tools/Options/Privacy/Accept Cookies
- Opera: Tools/Preferences/Advanced/Accept Cookies
Data collection using etracker
The Bundesbank has appointed etracker GmbH (www.etracker.com) to collect and analyse log data from the Bank's website for use in marketing and optimisation. These data can be used to aggregate a usage profile by means of a pseudonym. Cookies may be used for this purpose. The data collected by the etracker technology will not be used to determine the personal identity of a website visitor and will not be compiled with personal data relating to the person referred to by the pseudonym. You can object to your data being used in such a usage profile by following the link at the end of this webpage.
Protection of minors
Persons under 18 years of age should not transmit any personal data to us without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. We do not request personal data from children or young people. We do not knowingly collect such data or disclose them to third parties.
Links to external websites
We hereby refer explicitly to the relevant conditions contained in our disclaimer/exclusion of liability, which is included on the Imprint page.
If you have any questions about your personal data held on file, please contact the Bank's Data Protection Officer.