Dr Nikolai Stähler
- Public deficits and debt, budgetary rules and potential problems emerging for monetary policy
- Inclusion of public sectors into DSGE models
- Financing scheme of social security systems
- Stähler, N. (2012), Recent developments in quantitative models of sovereign default. Journal of Economic Surveys, forthcoming.
- Baumann, F., M. Oschinski and N. Stähler (2012), On the welfare effects of fair trade on the welfare of the poor. Journal of International Development, 24(1), 159-172.
- Moyen, S. and N. Stähler (2012), Unemployment insurance and the business cycle: Should benefit entitlement duration react to the cycle ?, Macroeconomics Dynamics, forthcoming.
- Stähler, N. and C. Thomas (2012), FiMod – a DSGE model for fiscal policy simulations. Economic Modelling, 29(2), 239-261.
- Mayer, E. and N. Stähler (2011), The Debt Brake: Business Cycle and Welfare Consequences of Germany’s New Fiscal Policy Rule. Empirica: Journal of European Economics, forthcoming.
- Priesmeier, C. and N. Stähler (2011), Long Dark Shadows or Innovative Spirits? The Effects of (Smoothing) Business Cycles on Economic Growth: A Survey of the Literature. Journal of Economic Surveys, 25(5), 898-912.
- Baumann, F., M. Mechtel and N. Stähler (2011), Employment protection and temporary work agencies. Labour, 25(3), 308-329.
- Stähler, N. (2009), Taxing deficits to restrain government spending. Journal of Public Economic Theory, 11(1), 159-176.
- Stähler, N. (2008), Unemployment and employment protection in a unionized economy with search frictions. Labour, 22(2), 271-289.
- Stähler, N. (2008), Firing costs, severance payments, judicial mistakes and unemployment. Labour Economics, 15(6), 1162-1178.
- Baumann, F. and N. Stähler (2008), Union power as a reason for Europe not to introduce experience rating? Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, 164(3), 568-585.
- Baumann, F. and N. Stähler (2006), Financing unemployment benefits: Dismissal versus employment taxes. Labour, 20(3), 433-451.
- Stähler, N. (2006), Employment protection: Its effects on different skill groups and on the incentive to become skilled. Jahrbücher für Nationalökonomie und Statistik, 226(1), 41-54.
Other Working Papers and Publications
- Stähler, N. (2007), Employment protection and unemployment: A theoretical analysis evaluating recent policy proposals. Peter Lang Verlag, Frankfurt (Dissertation).