What will I find in this section?
Technical terms, unfortunately, cannot always be avoided – particularly when it comes to complex topics such as monetary policy. This is why we have compiled a glossary with a wide range of terms, arranged in alphabetical order and each with a short explanation.
- ABCP (Asset-backed commercial paper)
- ABS (Asset-backed security)
- ABSPP (Asset-Backed Securities Purchase Programme)
- Account information service (AIS)
- Act to Modernise Accounting Law (BilMoG)
- Annuity loan
- APP (Asset purchase programme)
- Asset-backed commercial paper (ABCP)
- Asset-Backed Securities Purchase Programme (ABSPP)
- Asset-backed security (ABS)
- Asset purchase programme (APP)
- Automatic stabilisers
- Autonomous factors
Used to record money and asset holdings and movements. Customer accounts with banks are used to settle all accounts receivable and payable. The customer can access credit balances or existing credit lines in a number of ways (cash, cheque, direct debit, transfer). An account statement provides the customer with details of the account balance.