What will I find in this section?
Technical terms, unfortunately, cannot always be avoided – particularly when it comes to complex topics such as monetary policy. This is why we have compiled a glossary with a wide range of terms, arranged in alphabetical order and each with a short explanation.
- ABCP (Asset-backed commercial paper)
- ABS (Asset-backed security)
- ABSPP (Asset-Backed Securities Purchase Programme)
- Act to Modernise Accounting Law (BilMoG)
- Annuity loan
- APP (Asset purchase programme)
- Asset-backed commercial paper (ABCP)
- Asset-Backed Securities Purchase Programme (ABSPP)
- Asset-backed security (ABS)
- Asset purchase programme (APP)
- Automatic stabilisers
Autonomous factors are those items on the Eurosystem's central bank balance sheets which are not attributable to monetary policy operations or the minimum reserves of commercial banks, both of which are under its direct control. Autonomous factors comprise inter alia the items "Banknotes in circulation", the volume of which is driven by "autonomous" demand from the economy for banknotes, "Government deposits" and "Capital and reserves".