Dr Dimitris Georgarakos
- Applied Microeconomics
- Household Finance
- Bilias, Y., D. Georgarakos and M. Haliassos (2017), Has Greater Stock Market Participation Increased Wealth Inequality in the US?, Review of Income and Wealth, Vol. 63(1), pp. 169-188.
- Christelis, D., D. Georgarakos and T. Jappelli (2015), Wealth Shocks, Unemployment Shocks and Consumption in the Wake of the Great Recession, Journal of Monetary Economics, Vol. 72, pp. 21-41.
- Georgarakos, D. and S. Fuerth (2015), Household Repayment Behavior: The Role of Social Capital, Institutional, Political, and Religious Beliefs, European Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 37, pp. 249-265.
- Georgarakos, D., M. Haliassos and G. Pasini (2014), Household Debt and Social Interactions, The Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 27(5), pp. 1404-1433.
- Christelis, D. and D. Georgarakos (2013), Investing at Home and Abroad: Different Costs, Different People?, Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 37, pp. 2069-2086.
- Christelis, D., D. Georgarakos and M. Haliassos (2013), Differences in Portfolios across Countries: Economic Environment versus Household Characteristics, The Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol. 95(1), pp. 220-236.
- Christelis, D., D. Georgarakos and M. Haliassos (2011), Stockholding: Participation, Location, Spillovers, Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 35(8), pp. 1918-1930.
- Georgarakos, D. and G. Pasini (2011), Trust, Sociability, and Stock Market Participation, Review of Finance, Vol. 15(4), pp. 693-725.
- Bilias, Y., D. Georgarakos and M. Haliassos (2010), Portfolio Inertia and Stock Market Fluctuations, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Vol. 42(4), pp. 715-742.
- Georgarakos, D. and K. Tatsiramos (2009), Entrepreneurship and Survival Dynamics of Foreign-Born and U.S.-Born Immigrants, Labour Economics, Vol. 16(2), pp. 161-170.
- Georgarakos, D. and K. Tatsiramos (2009), Immigrant Self-Employment: Does Intermarriage Matter? Research in Labor Economics, Vol. 29, pp. 253-271.
Other Working Papers and Publications
- Christelis, D., M. Ehrmann and D. Georgarakos (2015), Exploring Differences in Household Debt Across Euro Area Countries and the United States, Bank of Canada Working Paper, 2015-16.
- Deuflhard, F., D. Georgarakos and R. Inderst (2015), Financial Literacy and Savings Account Returns, ECB Working Paper No. 1852.
- Christelis, D., D. Georgarakos and A. Sanz-de-Galdeano (2014), The impact of Health Insurance on Stockholding: A Regression Discontinuity approach, IZA Discussion Paper No. 8635.
- Georgarakos, D. (2014), ‘Diversification and Asset Allocation Puzzles’ in Investor Behavior - The Psychology of Financial Planning and Investing (Eds. K. Baker and V. Ricciardi, ISBN: 978-1-118-49298-7), John Wiley & Sons.
- Georgarakos, D. and R. Inderst (2012), Financial Advice and Stock Market Participation, ECB Working Paper No. 1296.
- Bilias, Y., D. Georgarakos and M. Haliassos (2010), Equity Culture and the Distribution of Wealth, CFS Working Paper No. 2005/20.
- Georgarakos, D., A. Lojschova and M. Ward-Warmedinger (2010), Mortgage Indebtedness and Household Financial Distress, ECB Working Paper No. 1156.
- Christelis, D. and D. Georgarakos (2008), Household Economic Decisions Under the Shadow of Terrorism, CFS Working Paper No. 2008/56.