Dr Oliver Hossfeld
- Exchange rate economics
- International economics
- International finance
- Fischer, C., O. Hossfeld, and K. Radeck (forthcoming), On the suitability of alternative competitiveness indicators for explaining real exports of advanced economies, Open Economies Review.
- Hossfeld, O. and A. Röthig (2016), Do speculative traders anticipate or follow USD/EUR exchange rate movements? New evidence on the efficiency of the EUR currency futures market, Finance Research Letters, Vol. 18, pp. 218-225.
- Hossfeld, O. and R. MacDonald (2015), Carry funding and safe haven currencies: a threshold regression approach, Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 59(C), pp. 185-202.
- Fischer, C. and O. Hossfeld (2014), A consistent set of multilateral productivity approach-based indicators of price competitiveness – Results for Pacific Rim economies, Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 49(PA), pp. 152-169.
- Carstensen, K., J. Hagen, O. Hossfeld and A. Salazar Neaves (2008), Money demand stability and inflation prediction in the four largest EMU countries, Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 56(1), pp. 73-93.
Other Working Papers and Publications
- Hossfeld, O. and R. MacDonald (2014), Carry funding and safe haven currencies: a threshold regression approach, CESifo Working Paper, No. 5117.
- Fischer, C. and O. Hossfeld (2014), A consistent set of multilateral productivity approach-based indicators of price competitiveness, ECB Working Paper, No. 1706.
- Hossfeld, O. (2010), US money demand, monetary overhang, and inflation prediction, INFER Working Paper, 2010.4.
- Hossfeld, O. (2010), Equilibrium real effective exchange rates and real exchange rate misalignments: time series vs. panel estimates, FIW Working Paper, No. 65.
- 2017: Jahrestagung des Vereins für Socialpolitik, Vienna; North American Summer Meeting of the Econometric Society, St. Louis; Annual Meeting of the Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics, Lausanne.
- 2015: DIW Macroeconometric Workshop, Berlin; Annual Conference of the Canadian Economics Association, Toronto; DIW Macroeconometric Workshop, Berlin.
- 2014: 4th Workshop on Financial Determinants of Exchange Rates, Amsterdam; Columbia-Tsinghua Conference in International Economics, Beijing.
- 2012: Annual Conference of the Canadian Economics Association, Calgary.
- 2011: European Meeting of the Econometric Society, Oslo; Macro and Financial Econometrics Conference, Heidelberg; PhD Presentation Meeting of the Royal Economic Society, London.
- 2010: FIW Research Conference on International Economics, Vienna.
- 2009: Jahrestagung des Vereins für Socialpolitik, Magedeburg.