Digital transformation at central banks VER20210050
24 September 2021
Digitalisation has grown far beyond being simply a recent trend and is becoming the game changer of the decade. Central banks are also increasingly turning their attention to understanding developments and expanding their capabilities in this area.
This expert panel will touch upon the most important aspects of digitalisation, giving participants the chance to discuss their own experiences. It will be divided into four different sessions:
Day 1 Digitalisation as part of an organisational strategy
Day 2 Innovation labs and cooperation with start-ups
Day 3 Data and analytics
Day 4 Exchange of experience and discussion based on participants’ presentations
- Definition, meaning and impact of digitalisation
- Digitalisation in public companies/authorities
- Digitalisation at the Bundesbank (strategy, digital agenda)
- Significance for the Bundesbank (e.g. high security requirements for central banks, strategic positioning)
- Value and benefits of an innovation lab with regard to targeting innovation activities
- Presentation of the Bundesbank’s innovation lab (InnoWerk)
- Operating model and challenges encountered when establishing an innovation lab
- Selected specific projects undertaken by InnoWerk
- Collaboration with external partners and the ecosystem (startups)
- What do we mean by machine learning, artificial intelligence and big data?
- Where is there potential to use these technologies within a central bank?
- Are there any potential threats or risks associated with these technologies?
This expert panel is aimed at managers and experts in IT, strategic offices, innovation and digitalisation departments as well as fintech observers and anyone interested and involved in this field.
Computer with microphone, camera, speakers or headphones; an up-to-date internet browser.
Please apply online by clicking on the registration button within the application period.