Introduction to cash management – selected topics for experts VER20210032
22 October 2021
Participants will learn about the basics of cash management and the tasks of a modern central bank in that area. In lectures by the Senior Advisor on cash management, you will gain a comprehensive picture of selected topics related to this key task. Networking with fellow colleagues from all over the world is also an important issue.
- Strategic position of a modern central bank in the cash cycle
- Determinations of a changing cash cycle
- How to set up a cash strategy?
- Clean note policy – reasons and challenges
- Cash recycling outside the central bank – solution or threat?
- Digitalisation and cash - do they fit together?
- In case of emergency: operational risks (e.g. pandemic)
- Business continuity of cash management in an environment in which the use of cash is declining
- Combat counterfeiting – new challenges
The course is designed for young professionals working in the cash department as economists who are involved in analysing topics or for staff members who are relatively new in the cash or currency department of the central bank and want to broaden their knowledge. Participants should have some background experience in cash management. They will be expected to take part in discussions and to exchange their opinions and views during the course.
Computer with microphone, camera, speakers or headphones; an up-to-date internet browser.
Please apply online by clicking on the registration button within the application period.