Submission end 19.02.2023 DE
To work in the Directorate General Payments and Settlement Systems at our Central Office and based in Frankfurt am Main or Düsseldorf, we are looking to recruit a Systems architect.
TARGET Services enable the Eurosystem to provide the financial sector with major systems for payment and securities settlement and collateral management. Together with the other 4CB partner central banks (the Banque de France, Banco de España and Banca d’Italia), we work on continually adjusting and refining these systems.
What the job entails
You will create systems architectures and systems requirements for enhancing TARGET Services, including user interfaces (e.g. ISO 20022, API), quality management across services and modules and integration with interfaced external services. This will involve providing support throughout the entire development process, from the requirements analysis and design of the architecture through to integration, verification and validation. You will work closely with experts from the Bundesbank and the partner central banks when it comes to implementation and will organise and manage the coordination process among the 4CB central banks. You will be the central point of contact for architectural issues and will contribute your expertise to national and international committee work. Performing these tasks will also entail regular business trips to the 4CB locations elsewhere in Europe.
What we are looking for
- Accredited master’s degree or equivalent qualification in economics, business informatics/IT, business mathematics, industrial engineering or a related discipline with an IT component OR qualification for a career in the Higher Service
- Good knowledge of general IT and web-related topics and preferably experience in some of the following areas: database methods, message formats, authentication procedures and underlying protocols
- Knowledge of basic development and quality processes (e.g. SPICE, CMMI, ISO 9001)
- Ideally, knowledge of programming APIs and of best practices, standards and metrics for using APIs
- Experience in the application and implementation of ITIL-based processes would be an advantage
- Ideally, knowledge of payments, securities settlement and/or project management
- Confident manner; ability to represent the Bank internally and externally and in an international environment with different cultures; ability to work with a team to develop pragmatic and creative solutions to complex problems
- Sound German and English language skills
What we have to offer
Alongside an exciting set of tasks in a European environment, we offer attractive employment conditions, including a permanent and secure position, a free JobTicket, options for working from home, an up-to-date IT setup as well as remuneration that corresponds to pay grade 13 of the wage agreement for the public sector (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst) plus a bank allowance. Suitable candidates may be granted civil servant status. We offer an extensive range of training courses as well as flexible and predictable working hours to help you maintain a work-life balance.
You will need to undergo security screening in accordance with the German Security Clearance Act (Sicherheitsüberprüfungsgesetz).
Diversity and equal opportunities are key components of the Bundesbank’s human resources policy. Where candidates are equally qualified for the position, preference will be given to applicants with disabilities. Part-time work is generally possible. The Bundesbank also promotes gender equality in the workplace, and therefore particularly welcomes applications from women.
If you have any questions regarding the application procedure, please contact Ms Ruth Etteldorf on +49 69 9566-33873. For questions relating to the position, please get in touch with Mr Arno Friederich on +49 69 9566-33456 or Mr Steffen Bruns on +49 69 9566-33784.
We look forward to receiving your online application and supporting documentation (cover letter, CV, certificates and references) by 9 February 2023, quoting the reference number 2023_0040_02.