Research Assistant in empirical microeconomics
Submission end 23.01.2022 DE
For the Research Centre at our Central Office in Frankfurt am Main, initially on a one-year contract, we are looking for a Research Assistant in empirical microeconomics.
What the job entails
You will coordinate the Bundesbank’s monthly surveys of households and develop questionnaires for the collection of data in close cooperation with internal and external researchers. In addition, you will process results on households’ economic expectations for in-house and external reports and presentations intended for specific target groups. Working in an international team, you can conduct your own research and provide insights into key issues, thus contributing to the academic foundation underpinning the Bundesbank’s decision-making processes.
What we are looking for
- Accredited master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a degree programme with a quantitative focus (e.g. economics, statistics, survey methodology or social sciences), experience in independent research work, preferably supported by your own publications and/or doctorate
- Experience in designing and implementation of household surveys
- Firm grounding in mathematical/statistical applications (e.g. Stata or R) and experience in analysis and processing of microdata
- Aptitude in explaining complex issues clearly, ability to work in a team and intercultural skills
- Very good command of written and spoken English and German
What we have to offer
Alongside a unique set of tasks in an international environment, you will have access to excellent IT and data resources and interact with leading international academics. The remuneration for this position corresponds to pay grade 13 of the wage agreement for the public sector (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst) plus a bank allowance. You can expect flexible and predictable working hours, attractive home office opportunities and further measures to promote a healthy work-life balance.
Disabled applicants will be given preference where candidates are equally qualified for the position. Part-time work is generally possible. The Bundesbank promotes the equality of men and women in the workplace. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women.
If you have any questions regarding the application procedure, please contact Ms Caren-Berit Rödiger in Human Resources on +49 (0)69 9566 1923. Specific questions about the research assistant position should be directed by email to Dr Tobias Schmidt (Tobias.Schmidt@bundesbank.de).
We look forward to receiving your online application and supporting documentation (cover letter, CV, certificates and references) by 23 January 2022, quoting the reference number 2021_1097_02.