International Conference on Statistics for Sustainable Finance
The conference is being organised jointly by the Banque de France (BdF), the Deutsche Bundesbank (BBk), and the Irving Fisher Committee on Central Bank Statistics (IFC) of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS). It will take place in Paris from 21 to 22 October 2020.
This conference will bring together users and producers of statistics on sustainable finance to discuss their data and analytical needs as well as the challenges they face. The goal is to look at how to best address current measurement issues and ensure the future development of statistics on sustainable finance – that is, the activities that contribute to sustainable developments from an environmental, social, and governance perspective, in particular by addressing the financial risks associated with the transition to a low-carbon economy and the physical impact of climate change.
The targets of the conference include among others:
- taking stock of the related statistical data needs of users in policy-making financial institutions, especially central banks and supervisors;
- sharing the last updates of international statistical initiatives to address these needs and close potential data gaps, both in the official and the private sector – for instance in the context of the efforts undertaken by the Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS);
- reviewing indicators, ad-hoc surveys, analytical datasets developed or under development at national, regional, or industry levels, contributing to meeting policy requirements;
- reviewing operational ways for bringing together data supply and demand (eg development of statistical hubs); and
- paving the way forward for developing a comprehensive framework for sustainable finance statistics, in particular by facilitating the sharing of experiences.
The call for papers can be found below.