Advanced topics in seasonal adjustment Course level II
20 October 2023
The course is designed to enable all participants to tackle advanced topics which are beyond the scope of the companion level I course “Elementary seasonal adjustment of economic data with JDemetra+”. Working almost exclusively with the seasonal adjustment software package JDemetra+, the course is intended to encourage discussions and an exchange of experiences between the participants.
- X-11 seasonal adjustment: recap of companion level I course
- Outliers: anomaly detection, seasonal breaks
- Calendar effects: creation and customisation of user-defined regression variables
- Composite time series: direct vs indirect seasonal adjustment
- Revision policies: overview of strategies, controlled current adjustment
- ARIMA model-based seasonal adjustment: model decomposition, quality diagnostics
- JDemetra+: additional tools, access via R
- Daily data: potential issues, overview of seasonal adjustment approaches
The course is aimed at economists and statisticians who are interested in studying advanced topics in seasonal adjustment and in the efficient application of JDemetra+. Prior knowledge and/or experience of time series analysis in general and seasonal adjustment in particular are highly recommended.
A nominating person is mandatory for the participation in our in-person courses.