Combating counterfeit money by the National Analysis Centre Expert panel
17 August 2023
Participants in the panel will have the opportunity to gain an inside view of how the Bundesbank has organised its activities to combat counterfeiting. The panel will serve as a platform for discussions with experts from the Bundesbank, for sharing experience as well as for highlighting new trends and current challenges.
- Organisation of the National Analysis Centre
- Practical issues: getting a feel for the day-to-day work of the experts
- Discussion forum on new trends and current challenges
- Sharing experience: technical central bank cooperation as key to the realisation of speciﬁc projects
- Group work on speciﬁc topics and hands-on exercises with technical equipment
- Presentation of national perspectives in the fight against counterfeiting of money
The expert panel is aimed at experienced experts from the anti-counterfeiting units of central banks who need a detailed understanding of techniques in order to successfully eradicate forged money. Participants will be expected to make an active contribution to the discussions and will be invited to present and discuss their own topics or case studies.
Participants should prepare a 15-minute presentation outlining the counterfeiting situation in their country, focusing on the following aspects:
- Organisation of activities to combat counterfeiting
- Current situation regarding counterfeiting in their owncountry
- Signiﬁcant challenges
- Vision for the future
A nominating person is mandatory for the participation in our in-person courses.