Cash management – strategy, branch operations and combating counterfeit money Course level II
28 July 2023
Participants will learn about modern central bank cash management methods. The whole scope of tasks of a modern central bank in the field of cash management will be presented and discussed – from an international standpoint to a close-up look at how the Bundesbank conducts its business. Participants will be expected to take an active part in discussions and to exchange their opinions and views during the course, as well as giving a short presentation about their own tasks or a specific topic relating to cash management.
- The role of the Bundesbank in the cash cycle
- Issuance policy for banknotes and coins, cash requirement planning
- IT applications for cash management in use at the Bundesbank
- Outstanding IT solutions
- Automation of cash processing
- The new branch of the Bundesbank
- Modern cash centre design: architectural and controlling aspects
- External cash recycling
- The NAC: combating counterfeit money and damaged money
- Visit to the Bundesbank’s Frankfurt am Main branch or information on practical issues due to current pandemic situation
The course is designed for mid-level and senior central bank employees involved in issuing and processing banknotes and coins or in dealing with counterfeit money as well as for executives or managers heading groups, sections or divisions in the cash department. Participants should have a sound background in cash management and be willing to talk about their area of responsibility.
A nominating person is mandatory for the participation in our in-person courses.