Current rules for your visit
The following rules of distance, hygiene and conduct apply to visits to the museum:
- We kindly ask that you postpone your visit to the Money Museum if you feel unwell.
- Visit the Money Museum only with people with whom you are allowed contact according to the official regulations.
- Please wear a medical face mask that covers your nose and mouth throughout your visit to the Money Museum building.
- Keep a distance of at least 1.5 m between you and other people.
- Please avoid coughing and sneezing into the air or your hands. If you have to sneeze or cough, do so into your elbow or a tissue.
- Please use the facilities available in the museum building to wash your hands (toilets in the basement) or disinfect them thoroughly (disinfectant dispensers in the foyer).
- Enter smaller rooms only when a safe distance between you and other visitors can be main-tained. Wait until narrow passages and the space in front of exhibition objects are freely accessible.
Groups of 10 or more people can only visit the Museum after prior registration.
How to get there
The Money Museum is located at the Bundesbank’s Central Office in the Ginnheim district of Frankfurt (Wilhelm-Epstein-Strasse 14, 60431 Frankfurt am Main).
The museum’s entrance is located approximately 100 metres away from the Bundesbank's main gate.
Getting there by public transport
Take the underground lines U1, U2, U3 or U8 to “Dornbusch”. From there, you can take the 34 bus (direction: Mönchhofstraße/Gallus) to “Deutsche Bundesbank”, or alternatively walk roughly 500 metres along the street “Am Dornbusch”.
Getting there by car
From the Nordwestkreuz Frankfurt interchange, take the A66 in the direction of Miquelallee/Stadtmitte. Take the “Miquelallee” exit and then follow the signs for “Bundesbank”. Limited visitor parking is available in front of the museum.
The museum is accessible to visitors with disabilities. Visitors in wheelchairs can use a ramp linking the street to the museum building. Once inside, the visitor can use an easily accessible lift to access the exhibition. The exhibition rooms and coffee shop are located on the same level.
The Money Museum’s lecture rooms on the first floor are likewise accessible by lift.
We recommend that visually impaired visitors bring an accompanying person. In addition, we offer audio guided tours for this group of visitors. For more information, please ask at the information desk in the lobby.
Cafeteria and museum shop in the Money Museum
Monday to Friday: 09.30 to 15.30
Sundays, public holidays 09.30 to 15.30