Digital transformation at central banks Online expert panel
03 June 2022
Digitalisation is no longer merely a recent trend, having grown to become the game changer of the decade. Central banks are also increasingly turning their attention to understanding developments and expanding their capabilities in this area.
This expert panel will touch upon the most important aspects of digitalisation, giving participants the chance to discuss their own experiences. It will be divided into four different sessions.
- Definition, meaning and impact of digitalisation
- Digitalisation at public companies/authorities
- Digitalisation at the Bundesbank (strategy, digital agenda)
- Significance for the Bundesbank (e.g. high security requirements for central banks, strategic positioning)
- Value and benefits of an innovation lab with regard to targeting innovation activities
- Presentation of the Bundesbank’s innovation lab (InnoWerk)
- Operating model and challenges encountered when establishing an innovation lab
- Selected projects undertaken by InnoWerk
- Collaboration with external partners and the ecosystem (start-ups)
- What do we mean by machine learning, artificial intelligence and big data?
- Where is there potential to use these technologies within a central bank?
- Are there any potential threats or risks associated with these technologies?
This expert panel is aimed at managers and experts in IT, strategic offices, innovation and digitalisation departments, as well as fintech observers and anyone interested and involved in this field.
The expert panel will serve as a platform for the exchange of experiences and knowledge. Participants will be asked to actively contribute to the panel, e.g. in the form of a presentation.
Computer with microphone, camera, speakers or headphones; an up-to-date internet browser.
Please apply online by clicking on the registration button within the application period.