- Dynamic Macroeconomics
- Labor Economics
- Monetary Policy
- Brey, B. and M.S. Hertweck, The extension of short-time work schemes during the Great Recession: A story of success?, Macroeconomic Dynamics, forthcoming.
- Di Pace, F. and M.S. Hertweck (2019), Labor Market Frictions, Monetary Policy and Durable Goods, Review of Economic Dynamics, Vol. 32, pp. 274-304.
- Hertweck, M. S. and O. Sigrist (2015), The Ins and Outs of German Unemployment: A Transatlantic Perspective, Oxford Economic Papers, Vol. 67(4), pp. 1078-1095.
- Hertweck, M.S. (2013), Strategic Wage Bargaining, Labor Market Volatility, and Persistence, The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics (Advances), Vol. 13(1), pp. 123–149.
- Gubler, M. and M.S. Hertweck (2013), Commodity Price Shocks and the Business Cycle: Structural Evidence for the U.S., Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 37(2013), pp. 324-352.
Other Working Papers and Publications
- Hertweck, M. S. and O. Sigrist (2013), The Aggregate Effects of the Hartz Reforms in Germany, SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research No. 532.
- Hertweck, M.S. (2010), Endogenous On-the-job Search and Frictional Wage Dispersion, University of Basel, WWZ Discussion Paper No. 2010/02.
- Consolo, A. and M.S. Hertweck (2010), Shocks and Frictions under Right-to-Manage Wage Bargaining: A Transatlantic Perspective, University of Basel, WWZ Discussion Paper No. 2010/01.