Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for Sustainability Online Seminar Series: Climate Change and Central Banks
31 March 2023
Central banks are increasingly concerned with the challenges posed by climate change. As this could affect a central bank's ability to achieve its monetary and financial stability objectives. The challenges affect many areas of central bank operations. In this lecture series, we present work on climate change in different areas of the Bundesbank.
Contents and dates
- 05.04.2023 - Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for Sustainability
- 12.04.2023 - Latest developments in the regulation of ESG risks
- 19.04.2023 - On-site inspections for ESG risks – A case study
- 26.04.2023 - Climate Change and Financial Stability
- 03.05.2023 - Greening the Collateral Framework
- 10.05.2023 - The Eurosystem‘s approach to decarbonize its corporate bond purchases
- 17.05.2023 - The Bundesbank’s Sustainable Finance Data Hub
Economists and policymakers in central banks who would like to enhance their knowledge on climate change and the work done in central banks. Participants should have at least a basic knowledge of related monetary policy, financial stability or banking supervision topics.
Computer with microphone, camera, speakers or headphone, current internet browser.
Registration deadline: 31. March 2023, 23:59 p.m.