Regulating Financial Markets
The Conference on Regulating Financial Markets is jointly organised by the Deutsche Bundesbank, the Goethe University Frankfurt/Center for Advanced Studies on the Foundation of Law and Finance, the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management/Center for European Transformation, and the Center for Economic Policy Research (CEPR).
The conference was originally launched in Bonn in 2014 and brought to Frankfurt/Main in the last few years. The conference focuses on high-quality theoretical and empirical research papers on regulation of financial markets, e.g.
- the evaluation of macroprudential tools and unconventional monetary policy on financial institutions,
- the effects of financial market regulation on the real economy,
- the use of big data and machine learning in financial regulation,
- the law and economics of climate change and the sustainable transition,
- as well as the impact of regulation on competition among banks and other financial institutions.
Over the last few years, it has become a forum for outstanding financial market research and has benefited from distinguished keynote speakers.
The next Conference on Regulating Financial Markets will take place from 14–15 August 2023 in Frankfurt am Main, Germany (House of Finance, Goethe University).