Joint Conference on Household Expectations Deutsche Bundesbank – Banque de France
Surveys on household expectations are a prime source for supporting the analysis of financial stability, monetary policy transmission and the effects of central bank communication. The Bundesbank and Banque de France conference will bring together researchers from academia, central banks, and other policy institutions to present research findings related to household expectations and methodological advances in conducting household expectation surveys.
Monika Piazzesi (Stanford) and Olivier Coibion (UT Austin) have already confirmed their participation.
Papers in the programme will be assigned discussants. The conference will also feature a
special session on the Bundesbank Online Pilot Survey on Consumer Expectations.
The main topics of interest include:
- Household expectations on economic issues, including real estate, consumption, inflation, labour markets;
- Expectations and monetary policy;
- Insights into the expectation formation process;
- Methodological advances in both online and offline surveys, with a focus to internet-based consumer expectation surveys;
- Analyses using data from the Panel on Household Finances and the Household Finance and Consumption Survey.